Monaghan Coaching & Games in conjunction with Ulster Council will be delivering a Recovery & Planning Workshop in The Entekra Centre of Excellence, Cloghan on Monday the 17th of February from 7pm to 9pm.
- This workshop will be delivered by Eoin McNicoll, Sports Science Officer for Ulster GAA.
- This workshop is aimed at coaches from U13 to Adult level.
- This workshop is Free of charge.
The Recovery Strategies workshop involves:
- Defining Recovery & understanding why recovery is important.
- Identifying what GAA athletes need to recover from and the various recovery methods available and when to apply them.
- Implementing a recovery protocol for various situations.
The Planning workshop involves:
- Establishing a needs analysis of your team & key qualities for the sport/position specific.
- Identify testing and screening relevant to your team – Profiling results.
- How to develop strength qualities & energy system (fitness) qualities.
- Prehab/ Injury Prevention.
- Periodising the year into blocks – Peaking & Tapering.
Can you please fill out the Registration Form if you intend on going to the workshop. This is a necessity for planning and organisational purposes. The Registration form can be found below: