Monaghan Coaching & Games will be hosting a number of workshops in the coming weeks which are aimed at all club coaches throughout the county. The purpose of these workshops are to try and provide new ideas for coaches to take back to their clubs and implement during the 2020 season.
The layout of the workshops are as follows:
1. Athletic Development Workshop.
- This workshop will be delivered by Barry McKenna (Monaghan GAA Athletic Development Coach for Senior Team, Minor Team and Development Squads).
- This workshop will be held in the Entekra Centre of Excellence on Wednesday 22nd January from 7-9pm.
- The workshop will be broken down into 2 different parts:
- Theory and Practical of Pre Activity Preparation for Underage Players.
- Implementation of an underage Strength & Conditiong Programme at club level. What is needed at the different age groups.
- This workshop is targeted at coaches from U11 to U17 and is free of charge.
- Can you please fill out the Registration Form if you intend on going to the workshop. This is a necessity for planning and organisational purposes. Closing date for registration is Monday the 20th of January. The Registration form can be found below:
2.Ulster Council Coaching Clinic.
- This workshop will be delivered by Ulster Council Coaches in the Entekra Centre of Excellence, Cloghan.
- The workshop will run from 9.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday 25th of January.
- The main themes of this workshop will be Kicking, Handling and Tackling.
- This workshop is targeted at coaches from U13 to Adult and is free of charge.
- Ulster GAA have provided an Eventbrite link that you can register on for the course, please see the link below: