Monaghan Coaching & Games will be hosting a number of workshops in the coming weeks which are aimed at all club coaches throughout the county. The purpose of these workshops are to try and provide new ideas for coaches to take back to their clubs and implement during the 2020 season.
If you would like to take part in the any of the workshops can you please forward your name, contact number, age group that you coach at and the number of years coaching experience you have to Michael Keane at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is very important for planning and organisational purposes.
The layout of the workshops are as follows:
1. Athletic Development.
This workshop will be delivered by Barry McKenna (Monaghan GAA Athletic Development Coach for Senior Team, Minor Team and Development Squads). This workshop will be held in the Entekra Centre of Excellence on Wednesday 22nd January from 7-9pm. This workshop is targeted at coaches from all ages. This workshop will focus on warm ups and different protocols regarding athletic development.
2.Ulster Council Coaching Clinic.
This workshop will be delivered by Ulster Council Coaches in the Entekra Centre of Excellence, Cloghan. The workshop will run from 9.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday 25th of January. The main themes of this workshop will be Kicking, Handling and Tackling. This workshop is targeted at coaches from all ages.
Ulster GAA have provided an Eventbrite link that you can register on for the course, please see the link below:
3. Recovery Strategies & Planning Club Season.
This workshop will be delivered by Eoin McNicholl (Sports Science Officer at Ulster GAA). This workshop will be held in the Entekra Centre of Excellence on Monday 17th of February from 7pm to 9pm. This workshop is targeted at coaches from all ages. This workshop will focus on the following areas:
- Defining Recovery & understanding why recovery is important.
- Identifying what GAA athletes need to recover from and the various recovery methods available and when to apply them.
- Implementing a recovery protocol for various situations.
- Establishing a needs analysis of your team & key qualities for the sport/position specific.
- Identify testing and screening relevant to your team – Profiling results.
- How to develop strength qualities & energy system (fitness) qualities.
- Prehab/Injury Prevention.
- Periodising the year into blocks – Peaking & Tapering.
Upcoming Foundation Course
There is a Foundation Course taking place in Inniskeen on the 17th & 18th of January. There are a limited number of places left on the course. If you would like to take part in the course can you please contact Michael Keane on 087 099 8036 or email@example.com.
If your club would like to hold a Foundation Course can you please contact Paul O’Connor on 086 837 4827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.