The GAA has announced details of the– an initiative which has invested more than €2m in young people over the last 12 years.
The scheme reiterates the Association’s commitment to the ongoing educational development of its players and members by acknowledging their interest in our Games and supporting their educational development.
The scheme is open to members of the Association who are attending a full-time Higher Education course (except those who hold another GAA-related or college scholarship/bursary) and who are active participants in their Higher Education club.
The schemes are administered by the respective Provincial Councils and recipients will again be selected based on a range of criteria, including their playing, coaching or administrative commitments to the GAA. A number of awards in each province will be reserved for those excelling in the areas of coaching and administration.
Ulster GAA welcomes applications from those students from our province regardless whether their attendance is at a college inside or outside of Ulster.
- be attending a full time undergraduate course at a University or third level College;
- be eligible, under Comhairle Ardoideachais Constitution and Bye Laws, to play in Higher Education GAA Competitions;
- be in their second year of study, or above, i.e. ‘freshers’ are ineligible to apply;
- not be in receipt of any other Bursary/Scholarship or Sports Academy Scholarships, where they are in receipt of ‘in kind’ benefits;
- be actively involved in their Higher Education GAA Club;
Please note: Students who have received an award from the Ulster GAA Student Bursary Scheme in the past are ineligible to apply for a second award and Senior Inter-County players, who are members of the GPA, should apply to the GPA Scheme only.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 11th October 2019
Applications are to be entered at:
For further information please contact Kevin Kelly at: email@example.com or 028 (048) 3752 1900