On January the 7th & 14th 2019 Monaghan GAA Coaching & Games Development are hosting two workshops which are suitable for coaches and managers operating between U14 and Senior level.
- Tactical Awareness Through Games Based Coaching.
The first workshop will be delivered by current Meath Senior Team Coach, Colm Nally, who is also the author of the sold out training manual “Gaelic Football Games Based Training Activities”. The workshop will be focusing on tactical awareness and applying this through games based activities. This will be a practical based workshop and will be held both indoors/outdoors and will be delivered in Monaghan GAA Training Grounds, Cloghan starting at 7.30pm.
The cost for attending this workshops is €5.
2. Goalkeeping Workshop.
Our second workshop will take place a week later on the 14th of January and our Guest Coaches on the night are current All Star Rory Beggan and Monaghan Senior Goalkeeping Coach Steve Williams. This will be a practical based workshop and will be delivered in Monaghan GAA Training Grounds Cloghan starting at 7.30pm.
The cost for attending this workshop is €5.
Other upcoming workshops are as follows:
- Athletic Development workshop for youth team coaches to be delivered by Barry McKenna (Monaghan Athletic Development Coach) on Saturday 26th January in Cloghan. Time TBC!
- Skill Development Workshops on 23rd & 29th January in Cremartin (Indoors) from 7:30 to 9pm. These workshops will be delivered by Ulster Coucnil Coaching staff.
- Hurling Workshop – “The transition from Ground to Airborne Hurling” targeting U6 to U12 coaches.This workshop will take place on the 19th of February to be delivered by Ryan Gaffney, Ulster Council RDHO. Time and Venue TBC.
- “Coaching the Coaches Day” on Saturday 2nd March. More details to follow about this initiative in the new year.
Details about our Upcoming Coach Education Courses can be seen below.
For more information contact Paul O’Connor on 0868374827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.