CLG Mhuineacháin - Official Monaghan GAA Website

SFC wins for Clontibret and Truagh

August 31st, 2018

Greenfield Foods Senior Football Championship Round 1A

Clontibret 0-21 Latton 1-15                                     25/8/18

Clontibret made a winning start to the SFC in an entertaining contest against Latton in Scotstown last Saturday. Clontibret raced into a six-point lead, but Latton battled throughout the game to take it right down to the wire, although it was ultimately the brilliance of Conor McManus that decided the result. McManus kicked 13 points (six from play) from a variety of ranges and angles and he accounted for eight of their ten second-half scores, with Brian Greenan accounting for the other two. Clontibret were 0-11 to 0-5 to the good at half-time and although Darren McElroy notched the game’s only goal, Latton fell short.


Clontibret: Darren McDonnell; M Savage, C Greenan, J Gormley; B Greenan (Capt., 0-2), C Boyle (0-1), D Mone; F Hughes (0-1), V Corey (0-1); C Doyle, C McManus (0-13, 7f), P Boyle; Dean McDonnell (0-1), C Lavelle (0-1), MP O’Dowd (0-1).

Subs: K Greenan for Savage, E McGuigan for Doyle (both 46 mins), D Hughes for Lavelle (50), K Lavelle for P Boyle (59), R Gorman for Dean McDonnell (60 + 1).


Latton: C Black; C Lynch, O Coyle, E Lennon; C Rice (Capt.), K Duffy, S Fitzpatrick; S McElroy, O Duffy (0-5, 4f); S McCabe (0-2), D McElroy (1-0), T Lynch; Dylan Quinn, T Connolly (0-2), B O’Brien (0-4, 3f).

Subs: C McCabe (0-2) for T Lynch (47), A Farmer for S McElroy (50), S McElroy for Farmer (inj., 54), S Coyle for Quinn (60).


Referee: A Marron (Corduff).



Greenfield Foods Senior Football Championship Preliminary Round

Truagh 1-25 Monaghan Harps 0-6                             25/8/18

In the first game of the double-bill in Scotstown, Truagh made an impressive start to the SFC in a surprisingly one-sided preliminary-round tie against Monaghan Harps. With Oran McElligott and Adam Treanor in prolific form up front and Paudie McKenna orchestrating the play for Truagh, the Gaels built on a dominant start to run out convincing winners. Truagh were 0-14 to 0-2 up at half-time and with Aaron Mohan notching the only goal, they stayed well clear to set up a Round 1A meeting with Castleblayney.


Truagh: T O’Brien; A Coyle, D Todd, J McCarron; N Coyle, R Mohan (0-1), J McKenna (0-1); C McKenna (0-5, 4f), N Rooney; P McKenna (0-2), A Treanor (0-8, 3f), A Mohan (1-0); R Treanor (Capt.); O McElligott (0-7, 3f), C McRory (0-1).

Subs: S McKenna for A Coyle, J Treanor for Darren Todd (both 52 mins), C McKenna for N Coyle (53), D McKenna for J McKenna (56).

Temporary sub: J Treanor for R Mohan (43-44).


Monaghan Harps: E McArdle; T Croarkin, C Galligan, A Burns; N Scott (Capt.), G Treanor, A Óg McAnespie; N McAdam (0-2, 1f), D McKenna; M Galligan (0-2), F Lynch, D Lowry; L Hahessy, S Smyth (0-2), É Morahan.

Subs: K Loughran for Burns (22), S Driver for McKenna (H-T), N Ward for Lynch (48), C McCrystal for Hahessy (49), J Mulligan for Lowry (black card, 51), N Hahessy for Croarkin (55), N McManus for Treanor (57).


Referee: M McNally (Corduff).


Our Sponsors