Please see below & attached information regarding;
- Coached Education Courses 2018/19.
- Level 3 Diploma Course in Performance Coaching.
- Award 2 Youth/Adult Course in Cavan – Limited places available, this course is being held on12/13th, 19/20th and 27th October. If interested please contacted me ASAP.
Coach Education Courses 2018/19 (Information included on link below)
As a result of feedback that I received from a number of clubs/coaches regarding the time of year we deliver our courses I am planning to deliver a foundation course & Award 1 child & youth/adult course before christmas. The plan is that no courses will take place in March due to the commencement of Juvenile games programme in this month.
- Foundation Course – Fri 23rd/Sat 24th November (Can be hosted in a Club if requested)
- Award 1 Child & Youth/Adult Fri 30th/Sat 1st December (Hosted in Cloghan).
- Minimum of 16 coaches required for every course delivered.
- Closing Date: All places on the courses will close 7 days before the course commences.
PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK
ABOUT TIMES & COST FOR BOTH COURSES
Can I ask that you please promote these courses within your club, this time of the year is a great opportunity for coaches to further develop and improve themselves “Better Coaches = Better Players”!!
Can u please forward names to me ASAP.
Level 3 Diploma Course in Performance Coaching
With the assistance of Ulster Council , Monaghan Coaching & Games are planning to roll out a Level 3 diploma course in Performance Coaching for Gaelic Games (similar to the management course that was delivered in the county 2 years ago).
The purpose of this course is to raise the standards of coaching within the county and therefore assisting our young players every opportunity to reach their potential. “Better Coaches = Better Players”!!
Additionally this course will provide coaches with an opportunity to further develop their knowledge / understanding in modern coaching practices and techniques. This is a great opportunity for clubs to invest in their coaches. Coaches will no doubt benefit from the course and your club / players with reap the rewards long term as a result.
Key Facts about the course;
- Consists of 4 units – 1.Building for Success 2.Planning & periodisation 3.Technology and Physical Preparation 4. Strategies for Inproving Performance.
- 12 Sessions to be delivered from January to March on Wednesday evenings / Saturday mornings. “THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON FEEDBACK FROM THE GROUP”
- Course work to comprise of assessment booklet, logged coaching hours and additional evidence of practical application.
- The course to take place in Cloghan, Monaghan County Training Grounds.
- Cost €125 per person.
- Course is open to football, hurling & camogie coaches.
- Roger Keenan from Ulster Council will deliver a small presentation to interested coaches prior to the start of the course.
In order for me to plan a head with the course I need interested names into me on or before Friday 12th October. Can u please promote with your club coaches and encourage them to attend.
For further information please get in touch
Monaghan Games Development Manager
Monaghan County Training Grounds
Cloghan, Annyalla, Co. Monagan.
W: 04297 52034