With Covid-19 cases increasing at a rapid rate please ensure you adhere to all the guidelines.
As part of our policy of reviewing our Covid restrictions on an ongoing basis and following engagement with NPHET, we are requesting that all of our units actively discourage huddles before, during and after games in the days and weeks ahead.
We are also asking for all of our teams to avoid the following:
- Team photographs (unless in seated area conforming to social distancing)
- Shaking hands with other players and personnel
- Celebrations and commiserations involving close physical contact
Players are also expected to:
- follow Public Health Advice with respect to personal hygiene and etiquette
- social distance from broadcasters if and when being interviewed
- refrain from swapping their shirts
- avoid congregating in indoor areas or passing through pitch-side tunnels at the same time as opponents.These guidelines should be discussed with all teams who are still involved in competitions.
We appreciate the challenges some of these restrictions pose but as public health measures and as part of GAA efforts to tackle the spread of the virus, compliance is crucial.