Level 3 Diploma Course in Performance Coaching
Information evening in Cloghan on Monday 3rd December @ 7pm in Cloghan, if interested in participating in the course please attend this workshop & forward your name/details to Paul O’Connor ASAP.
With the assistance of Ulster Council, Monaghan Coaching & Games are planning to roll out a Level 3 diploma course in Performance Coaching for Gaelic Games (similar to the management course that was delivered in the county 2 years ago).
The purpose of this course is to raise the standards of coaching within the county and therefore assisting our young players every opportunity to reach their potential. “Better Coaches = Better Players”!!
Additionally this course will provide coaches with an opportunity to further develop their knowledge / understanding in modern coaching practices and techniques. This is a great opportunity for clubs to invest in their coaches. Coaches will no doubt benefit from the course and your club / players with reap the rewards long term as a result.
Key Facts about the course;
- Consists of 4 units – 1.Building for Success 2.Planning & periodisation 3.Technology and Physical Preparation 4. Strategies for Inproving Performance.
- 12 Sessions to be delivered from January to March on Wednesday evenings / Saturday mornings. “THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON FEEDBACK FROM THE GROUP”
- Course work to comprise of assessment booklet, logged coaching hours and additional evidence of practical application.
- The course to take place in Cloghan, Monaghan County Training Grounds.
- Cost €125 per person.
- Course is open to football, hurling & camogie coach
- Roger Keenan from Ulster Council will deliver a small presentation to interested coaches prior to the start of the course.
Upcoming Coach & Education Development Courses
- Award 1 Child & Youth/Adult Fri 30th/Sat 1st December (Hosted in Cloghan). Course completely booked up!
- Foundation Course planned for 18th/19th January in Cremartin GAA Club. Limited places available
- Foundation Course planned for 8th/9th February.
- If a club wishes to HOST a foundation course please get in touch.
- Minimum of 16 coaches required for every course delivered.
- Closing Date: All places on the courses will close 7 days before the course commences.
Upcoming Coach Development Workshops for 2019
- Tactical Awareness Through Games Based Coaching by Colm Nally (Meath Senior Team Coach & Author of “Gaelic Football Games Based Training Activities”) on Monday 7th January @ 7:30 pm in Cloghan.
- Goalkeeping Workshop to be delivered by Rory Beggan (Monaghan Senior GK & All Star 2018) & Steve Williams (Monaghan Senior GK Coach) on Monday 14th January @ 7:30 in Cloghan.
- Athletic Development workshop for youth team coaches to be delivered by Barry McKenna (Monaghan Athletic Development Coach) on Saturday 26th January in Cloghan. Time TBC!
- Skill Development Workshops on 23rd & 29th January in Cremartin (Indoors) from 7:30 to 9pm. These workshops will be delivered by Ulster Council Coaching staff
- Hurling Workshop – “The transition from ground to Airborne Hurling” targeting U6 to U12 Coaches 19th February to be delivered Ryan Gavney Ulster coucnil RDHO. Time & Venue TBC!
- “Coaching the Coaches Day” on Saturady 2nd March. More details to follow about this initiative in the new year…