With the assistance of Ulster Council , Monaghan Coaching & Games are planning to roll out a Level 3 Diploma Course in Performance Coaching for Gaelic Games (similar to the management course that was delivered in the county 2 years ago).
The purpose of this course is to raise the standards of coaching within the county and therefore assisting our young players to reach their potential. “Better Coaches = Better Players”!!
Additionally this course will provide coaches with an opportunity to further develop their knowledge / understanding in modern coaching practices and techniques. This is a great opportunity for clubs to invest in their coaches. Coaches will no doubt benefit from the course and your club / players with reap the rewards long term as a result.
Key Facts about the course;
- Consists of 4 units – 1.Building for Success 2.Planning & periodisation 3.Technology and Physical Preparation 4. Strategies for Inproving Performance.
- 12 Sessions to be delivered from January to March on Wednesday evenings / Saturday mornings. “THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON FEEDBACK FROM THE GROUP”
- Course work to comprise of assessment booklet, logged coaching hours and additional evidence of practical application.
- The course to take place in Cloghan, Monaghan County Training Grounds.
- Cost €125 per person.
- Course is open to football, hurling & camogie coaches.
- Roger Keenan from Ulster Council will deliver a small presentation to interested coaches prior to the start of the course.
In order for me to plan ahead with the course I need interested names into me on or before Friday 12th October. WE need a minimum of 15 coaches for the course to go ahead. Can u please promote with your club coaches and encourage them to attend.
For further information please get in touch with;